Preply is committed to helping you speak any language with confidence by finding online tutors to suit your needs.
With over 49,000 tutors from 185 countries, Preply is a dynamic platform that accommodates all learning styles. So, you can be sure that you will find the right tutor to help you master any language.
Preply is an online service that connects private language students with tutors. Their website promises that it will help you:
- Find available language tutors online
- Prepare to speak a new language with confidence
- Make the world your comfort zone
- Speak naturally
- Focus on the skills you need
- Prepare to achieve your goals with private tutors
After you contact the tutor, you will agree on a time convenient for you to meet in person at the language lesson. This can be a structured lesson or an informal conversation in the target language. It depends on you and what you want to achieve.
Lessons last from 30 to 60 minutes. Prices range from $4 to $40 per lesson, so there are tutors to fit any budget.
To try Preply for yourself and learn the language with a top-notch teacher, you can join Preply here.
How Preply works
Here are four steps to follow when you use Preply:
- Find a tutor. Preply has over 49,000 teachers. You can browse tutors using various filters or search using the search bar.
- Take lessons at any time. It’s easy to schedule a lesson, and with tutors around the world, there’s always one to fit your schedule.
- Join a virtual classroom on the Preply platform – it’s like a Zoom call and works in your web browser.
- Enjoy structured learning. Preply will track your learning progress. You can choose structured study plans or simply practice speaking.
What languages can be learned with Preply?
At the time of writing, Preply offers 24 languages.
Today, the most popular language courses are English, Spanish, German and French.
You can also learn sign language with Preply.
Who is Preply for?
The Preply learning style is suitable for anyone who:
- Desire to improve your language skills (especially grammar and pronunciation)
- Believes that 1-1 training will benefit them more
- Busy and unable to commit to fixed time slots
- Interested in learning a language for educational reasons or as a hobby
Compared to similar platforms like italki, Preply seems more beginner-friendly. With classes for both kids and businesses, Preply truly has something for everyone and doesn’t expect a basic level of knowledge.
With the tutor communication feature, you and your teacher can discuss your skill level and lesson goals. In this way, Preply ensures that you are fully prepared for the lesson before it even starts.
How much does Preply cost?
Unlike other providers, Preply does not offer subscription fees.
Instead, you search and select lessons based on availability. At an hourly rate, you get $10 to $15.
Of course, one advantage of Preply is that you can filter teachers based on your budget, so you’re more likely to find something that works for you.
You also buy hours rather than full programs, which means the format is flexible to suit your personal needs.
Can you get a refund if you are not satisfied?
The information below is correct at the time of writing
If you are not satisfied with your lesson, you can request a full refund or a free replacement.
Since there are no fixed fees, it also means no commitment if you decide Preply isn’t for you. That being said, Preply has such a large number of teachers that I hope this doesn’t happen!
Features of Preply
Preply has many great features, but here are some of the main ones:
- Desktop or device to best suit your needs — so you can access Preply at home or on the go
- Learning Statistics – Set and modify your goals to track your progress in Preply
- Q&A Community – Ask questions and get answers from community experts
- Preply Blog – Read articles on your chosen language (and review tips too!)